Let’s get this out in the open first and foremost. We can’t hide it any longer…
I’m talking of course about our PAINT! Many of our follower have already asked us about our paint colors, so in this post we are going to flash you the full-monty on everything paint. Going into this house we knew we wanted white walls and black windows, but actually choosing these colors was much harder than we expected. We have a full blog post coming soon about how to select the right shade of white and the method we used to find the perfect tone. But for now, we’ll just highlight the colors, sheen, and brands we ultimately chose (and that we still love).
For the majority of our house, we used the following:
- Walls/Ceiling: McCormick Match Point Interior Latex Flat, Super White
- Trim: McCormick Interior Advance, Eggshell, Super White
- Doors/Windows: Benjamin Moore Regal Select, Interior, Eggshell, Black Panther
For the kitchen cabinets, we staggered the colors of the uppers/lowers and the island. Please note that the brand of paint used was not Benjamin Moore, but a custom blended paint from a company in North Carolina. The colors are as follows:
- Island: Benjamin Moore, Satin, Smoke Embers
- Uppers/Lowers: Benjamin Moore, Satin, Brilliant White
For the Pantry, we used the white colors mentioned above for the walls, trim, and ceiling.
- Cabinets: CliqStudios cabinets in color “Urban Stone” (one of the available colors from CliqStudio).
For the Dry Bar, we used the white coors mentioned above for the walls, trim, and ceiling.
- Cabinets: CliqStudios cabinets in color “Carbon” (one of the available colors from CliqStudio).
For the Theater, we painted the walls, ceiling, and trim in the same color and sheen:
- Walls/Ceiling/Trim: Behr Interior Ultra, Matte, Black Bamboo
For the exterior of the home, we used the following:
- Doors: Benjamin Moore, Regal Select Exterior, Soft-Gloss, Black
For those that are local to the Leesburg area, we recommend these two painting companies:
- For general interior and exterior work, Pro Edge Painting. The owner, JD, is very responsive throughout the entire process and his crew was great to work with.
- For cabinet painting, A&F Custom Cabinetry. They specialize in cabinets and they use a special paint from North Carolina that is much stronger than typical cabinet paint.
There you have it! We will update this blog post as we finish more rooms. Feel free to comment below with any questions you may still have